Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Break is over

Tomorrow I head back to work. It's been a good week, but I could use another. But as I sit on the ferry heading back to the mainland, I thought it would be good to do some reflecting of the week it was.

I did sleep in, or at least I stayed in bed past 7 almost every morning. I didn't wear my pj's all day, but I'm assuming that sweatpants are just as good and I did stay in them a few days. I went to work out 5 times during the week. I did Gary's taxes and filed our own. I got caught up on the accounting, but was behind again the next day as we bought something or a bill came in. It's a never-ending battle. I called my great aunt a few times, but it never suited her to get together. I did some spring cleaning, moving all furniture on the main floor and in two bedrooms to vacuum and clean behind them. Oh my! There is a reason we do that annually! Micah and I did have a date, going out for lunch and to Toys 'R Us for the Lego set. I did play the computer games, so much so that I took them off the ipad, knowing what an incredible time waster they are. I went to see Adriel in Swallows and Amazons. What a great show! I went to see Sarina dance. How I wish I had grown up dancing and am so thankful that we were able to encourage Sarina in this great expression. I did not go out for coffee with any friends. I also did not do any prep work for the new class. I don't even know where to begin, as I have no idea where they are in the curriculum or yearly plan. Guess I have my work cut out for me this week! I also did some reading, finally starting the book The Map of True Places.  I've also started reading my pastor's new book entitled Sacred Pauses, and am hoping it will help me have a fresh perspective on daily spiritual renewal.

Speaking of pauses, I'm very thankful for the past week. I know that those of us in the teaching profession are spoiled by our regular breaks, and so I don't want to take it for granted. I hope that it will make me a better teacher and person. I am looking forward to seeing the little gaffers again
tomorrow, although it will be bittersweet as it will be my last week with them.

And now I sit on the ferry as it goes by some of the most gorgeous scenery in the world. How absolutely beautiful. And I pause again, knowing that this time is a gift. I am by myself in a ferry full of people. What a gift! May you also have gifts of time to think and reflect over the next little while, even if you don't have an official "Spring Break."

No comments:

Post a Comment