Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Books I'm Reading

I have a new iPad. It should make it easier to write, don't you think? Well, let's see.

I read a couple of good books this week. I got a gift card for Black Bond Books for Christmas and went there a couple of weeks ago to spend it. It was fun. I bought the new Mitch Albom book Time Keeper.  How do we view and/or use time? Like other Albom books, this one had a unique perspective on the subject. Then I read a new Jodi Picoult book entitled Keeping Faith. I found the story fascinating, partly because of the author's forward where she talks about how difficult it was to find people of  religious conviction and training who were willing to imagine her plot without being threatened in their faith. She didn't want to fit into any person's preconceived notion of who God is or what God would act like. "And a little child shall lead them." That's the only spoiler you'll get from me. Next on my list to read is The Map of True Places by Brunia Barry. I really have no idea what this book will be like, but I liked the back cover's description which I felt would fit into my year's plan. "Overwhelmed by her new role, Zee must destroy the existing map of her life and chart a new course-one that will guide her not only into her future but into her past as well."  Got you intrigued, too?

PS Writing on an ipad sucks,although I'm sure I'll get used to it. I blame any and all typos on the new keyboard and the iPad's propensity to assume it knows what I'm thinking and filling in words as I go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment