Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A few days in...

I'm discovering it's not so easy to just put aside old habits and take up new ones. I had hoped it would be, but knew inside that it wouldn't be. Shucks!

Good things: I deliberately drove by Starbucks without stopping for my new favourite drink (double chocolately chip frappe) yesterday as it was just before supper time and I shouldn't spoil my appetite! (Remember telling that line to your kids??)
I came home from working out today and saw Micah on the computer. Rather than just going up for a shower, I instead asked him if he wanted to play a game of badminton out on our lawn. He did! And my workout continued for another hour, including both on court play and off court searching for the birdie in the fauna and flora that surrounds our lawn.
I have gone to work out every day so far! I wish it would result in some pounds or inches lost...but I guess I need to combine that with discipline in the eating area...
I've started making a list of jobs to do. On there go the things I should do, but I only think of them when I can't do them. Like, looking at the light fixture during dinner and realizing it really needs to be cleaned. So I put it on my list and now I'm trying to refer to that list during the day.

Not so good: I still find it too easy to spend time in front of the computer screen. I love playing computer games (good thing we don't have a game system in the house!), and can easily spend an hour playing a mindless solitaire game of some sort. I can also spend lots of time checking facebook, email, and all the other blogs I'm following....All of these can be good things, but done so frequently, it has become a simple time waster.

So that's my report in for August 1. :) Thanks for coming along and encouraging me in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment